Head of Operations
Salary up to £40k
Set at the heart of the Herefordshire countryside and on our fifteen hundred-acre family estate, Crumplebury is surrounded by splendid woodland, luscious green fields and the happy animals on our organic, home farm. At Crumplebury, we are passionate about food. Our menus champion seasonality and celebrate all that we grow on the farm, in the woods and in our walled kitchen-garden. We curate bespoke events and delight in the extraordinary. We pair the warmth of a family service with a deep care for culinary excellence and believe that magic can be created when each element of sharing a meal with your favourites is just right.
We are at the beginning of this chapter but surrounded and inspired by a great history. Crumplebury was the name of Whitbourne Estate’s old pig farm. The 18th-century red brick build remains at the centre of what is now a reimagined events space that can host up to 200 people. Exquisite and modern in design and home to our fine-dining restaurant – Green Cow Kitchens, 11 delightfully spoiling bedrooms, Longfield Cottage and an abundance of interesting outdoor space. Crumplebury is a breath of fresh air.
We are seeking a Head of Operations, who shares our passion for curating personal and memorable moments, has a wealth of event management and FOH operational experience, can nurture a team and work with them to consistently deliver exceptional customer experiences. At Crumplebury we love to surprise and delight our guests, we believe that small, thoughtful gestures are the key to creating lasting impressions and we are passionate about curating extraordinary events.
- Deliver a wide range of events, both indoors and out (weddings, corporate bookings, private events and ticketed Crumplebury experiences).
- Develop, nurture and grow the FOH Team, creating an ambitious and happy workplace. As part of this, you will:
- Manage rotas.
- Recruit full-time, part-time and casual F&B staff.
- Design and implement a training regime for all FOH staff, ensuring consistency and service excellence in Green Cow Kitchens (our fine-dining restaurant) and in Crumplebury (our event space).
- Foster strong relationships with the wider Crumplebury herd – we all work together to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- work closely with Sales to ensure that the customer journey from enquiry > sale > event is seamless.
- work closely with the kitchen to understand our food offering and the authenticity of our farm to fork story. Alongside menu planning, you will craft and refresh our drinks offering.
- work closely with our finance department. You will be responsible for maintaining net and gross beverage margins.
- Take pride in our property, ensuring that spaces are always immaculately dressed and customer ready. You will be responsible for elements of building maintenance and servicing.
- Nurture a fierce sense of pride in Crumplebury and showcase a deep understanding of our products, our services, our story, the home farm and the wider estate.
Skills and Experience:
- A brilliant communicator (both verbally and in writing) with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong hospitality, event management and FOH operational experience
- Personable, confident and self-motivated with a flexible and energetic approach to work
- Highly organised with excellent time management
- A strong leader – you must nurture, train and grow your team
- Able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Customer orientated with a genuine passion for curating exceptional and memorable experiences
- Excellent eye for detail
- Consistently lead by example, as a hardworking, positive and passionate team member
- We welcome applications from all walks of life and are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
Events can often mean long days and you may be required to work split shifts, evenings and weekends. This role is office based with viewings onsite.
This is a role that could grow rapidly with opportunity for advancement in terms of responsibilities as well as salary.
The starting salary will depend on experience.
We’re at the beginning of our journey and continue to grow our wonderfully talented herd. If you are driven, you care deeply about food and curating unique and memorable customer experiences, you love to nurture and be part of a close team, together we can create something truly special. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell us your story… email@example.com