Head of Sales and Events
Salary up to £35k
Set at the heart of the Herefordshire countryside and on our fifteen hundred-acre family estate, Crumplebury is surrounded by splendid woodland, luscious green fields and the happy animals on our organic, home farm. At Crumplebury, we are passionate about food. Our menus champion seasonality and celebrate all that we grow on the farm, in the woods and in our walled kitchen-garden. We curate bespoke events and delight in the extraordinary. We pair the warmth of a family service with a deep care for culinary excellence and believe that magic can be created when each element of sharing a meal with your favourites is just right.
We are at the beginning of this chapter but surrounded and inspired by a great history. Crumplebury was the name of Whitbourne Estate’s old pig farm. The 18th-century red brick build remains at the centre of what is now a reimagined events space that can host up to 200 people. Exquisite and modern in design and home to our fine-dining restaurant – Green Cow Kitchens, 11 delightfully spoiling bedrooms, Longfield Cottage and an abundance of interesting outdoor space. Crumplebury is a breath of fresh air.
We are seeking a Head of Sales and Events, who will be an Ambassador of the Crumplebury brand. Someone, who shares our passion for curating personal and memorable moments, has a wealth of event management and sales experience, can formulate, implement and deliver a sales plan and can nurture a team. At Crumplebury we love to surprise and delight our guests, we believe that small, thoughtful gestures are the key to creating lasting impressions and we are passionate about curating extraordinary events.
- Formulate, implement and deliver an ambitious sales plan to create a varied Crumplebury calendar of events (weddings, corporate bookings, private events and ticketed Crumplebury experiences).
- Curate and orchestrate a wide range of events, both indoors and out.
- Develop, nurture and grow the Events Team, driving sales and creating an ambitious and happy workplace.
- Manage rotas.
- Foster strong relationships with the wider Crumplebury herd – we work together to deliver a consistently excellent customer experience
- Whilst the role will focus on sales, you must build collegiate relationships with the FOH and kitchen teams to ensure that the customer experience from enquiry > sale > event is outstanding. In practical terms this is about strong communication skills but also an ability to create detailed function sheets and menus.
– You will work alongside marketing and PR to align sales activity with business needs.
– You will work with our finance department to ensure that invoices are raised accurately and on time.
– Nurture a fierce sense of pride in Crumplebury and showcase a deep understanding of our products, our services, our story, the home farm and the wider estate.
Skills and Experience:
- A brilliant communicator (both verbally and in writing) with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, hospitality and event management experience
- Exceptional commercial acumen to ensure delivery of bottom line as well as revenue targets
- Personable, confident and self-motivated with a flexible and energetic approach to work
- Highly organised with excellent time management
- Able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Customer orientated with a genuine passion for curating exceptional and memorable experiences
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong IT skills and an eagerness to learn and work with a variety of in-house systems
- Consistently lead by example, as a hardworking, positive and passionate team member
- We welcome applications from all walks of life and are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Events can often mean long days and you may be required to work split shifts, evenings and weekends. This role is office based with viewings onsite.
This is a role that could grow rapidly with opportunity for advancement in terms of responsibilities as well as salary.
The starting salary will depend on experience.
We’re at the beginning of our journey and continue to grow our wonderfully talented herd. If you are driven, you care deeply about food and curating unique and memorable customer experiences, you love to nurture and be part of a close team, together we can create something truly special. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell us your story… firstname.lastname@example.org