Set at the heart of the Herefordshire countryside and on our fifteen hundred-acre family estate, Crumplebury is surrounded by splendid woodland, luscious green fields and the happy animals on our organic, home farm.
At Crumplebury, we are passionate about food. Our menus champion seasonality and celebrate all that we grow on the farm, in the woods and in our walled kitchen-garden. We curate bespoke events and delight in the extraordinary. We pair the warmth of a family service with a deep care for culinary excellence and believe that magic can be created when each element of sharing a meal with your favourites is just right.
We are at the beginning of this chapter but surrounded and inspired by a great history. Crumplebury was the name of Whitbourne Estate’s old pig farm. The 18th century red brick build remains at the centre of what is now a reimagined events space that can host up to 200 people. Exquisite and modern in design and home to our fine-dining restaurant – Green Cow Kitchens, 11 delightfully spoiling bedrooms, Longfield Cottage and an abundance of interesting outdoor space. Crumplebury is a breath of fresh air.
We are seeking a Reservations and Events Coordinator, who shares our passion for curating personal and memorable customer experiences. At Crumplebury we love to surprise and delight our guests. We believe that small, thoughtful gestures are the key to creating lasting impressions. In this role, you will welcome and host guests with warmth and generosity.
Manage hotel enquiries and reservations, creating a seamless guest journey from pre-arrival to post-stay
• Create a warm welcome for guests checking in and ensure a fond farewell on check out
• Run detailed accommodation checks to ensure that all spaces are impeccably dressed
• Host guests throughout their visit, looking after all of their needs
• Curate and deliver thoughtful, personal touches to wow the guest
• Nurture a fierce sense of pride in Crumplebury and showcase a deep understanding of our products, our services, our story, the home farm and the wider estate.
• Foster strong relationships with the Crumplebury herd and work to ensure a sense of community between colleagues and guests
• Help orchestrate a wide range of events. These will include conferences, weddings and other celebrations, group-getaways and outdoor experiences.
• Support the Events Manager with their day-to-day tasks
• Help field enquiries
• Conduct site tours
• Draft proposals
• Support event set up and clear down
Skills and Experience:
• A brilliant communicator (both verbally and in writing) with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong sales & reservations experience
• Personable, confident and self-motivated with a flexible and energetic approach to work
• Highly organised with excellent time management
• Able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
• Customer orientated with a genuine passion for curating exceptional and memorable experiences
• Excellent eye for detail
• Strong IT skills and an eagerness to learn and work with a variety of in-house systems
• Consistently lead by example, as a hardworking, positive and passionate team member
Events can often mean long days and you may be required to work split shifts, evenings and weekends.
This is a role that will grow rapidly and the opportunity for advancement in terms of responsibilities as well as salary is significant. The starting salary will depend on experience. A bonus scheme will be offered as part of the remuneration package and will be based on personal and overall business performance. Please note that due to the current lockdown we cannot give an exact start date. This will be dependent on when the restaurant re-opens. Interviews will be taking place in March 2021. We’re at the beginning of our journey and continue to grow our wonderfully talented herd. If you are driven, you care deeply about food and curating unique and memorable customer experiences, you love to nurture and be part of a close team, together we can create something truly special. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell us your story…