Set at the heart of the Herefordshire countryside and on our fifteen hundred-acre family estate, Crumplebury is surrounded by splendid woodland, luscious green fields and the happy animals on our organic, home farm. At Crumplebury, we are passionate about food. Our menus champion seasonality and celebrate all that we grow on the farm, in the woods and in our walled kitchen-garden. We curate bespoke events and delight in the extraordinary. We pair the warmth of a family service with a deep care for culinary excellence and believe that magic can be created when each element of sharing a meal with your favourites is just right. We are at the beginning of this chapter but surrounded and inspired by a great history. Crumplebury was the name of Whitbourne Estate’s old pig farm. The 18th-century red brick build remains at the centre of what is now a reimagined events space that can host up to 200 people. Exquisite and modern in design and home to our fine-dining restaurant – Green Cow Kitchens, 11 delightfully spoiling bedrooms, Longfield Cottage and an abundance of interesting outdoor space. Crumplebury is a breath of fresh air.
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager who shares our love for food and for curating a superior and memorable customer experience. You will oversee all Front of House Operations in our award-winning restaurant. You will ooze warmth, have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to quickly read a busy room. You will passionately lead and nurture your herd.
• Welcome guests and create memorable eating experiences
• Ensure that dining spaces are impeccably set and that service throughout is faultless
• Recruitment and team development, ensuring all members of the team are trained to deliver an exceptional, guest-focused service
• Foster a strong relationship and clear communication channels with the kitchen team
• Confidently deliver different styles of service, including private and outdoor dining
• Ensure exceptional standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained throughout the restaurant and outdoor areas
• Order wines and other beverages
• Accountable for tracking beverage GPM and stock management
• Take a lead role for legal compliance and company routines, including health & safety
Skills and Experience:
• be passionate about high-quality food and drink and have a strong knowledge of seasonality, produce and wine
• have an excellent eye for detail
• have exceptional interpersonal skills and be a brilliant communicator
• love to host and welcome guests with warmth and charm
• thrive within an entrepreneurial restaurant environment
• enjoy management and take pride in growing the skills and confidence of your herd
• consistently lead by example, as a hardworking, positive and passionate team member
• be enthusiastic, energetic and flexible. You must be willing to work split shifts and weekends
• show an eagerness to learn and work with a variety of inhouse systems
This is a role that will grow rapidly and the opportunity for advancement in terms of responsibilities as well as salary is significant.
The starting salary will depend on experience. A bonus scheme will be offered as part of the remuneration package and will be based on personal and overall business performance. Please note that due to the current lockdown we cannot give an exact start date. This will be dependent on when the restaurant re-opens. Interviews will be taking place in March 2021.
We’re at the beginning of our journey and continue to grow our wonderfully talented herd. If you are driven, you care deeply about food and curating unique and memorable customer experiences, you love to nurture and be part of a close team, together we can create something truly special. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell us your story… email@example.com